9/7/21: NWS News Update
* Hi all.. my apologies for not posting for a bit. First some tragic news.. near the end of August and only a week after we had our funeral services for my dad who passed earlier in the month.. my wife of around 30 great years suddenly passed away in her sleep from complications due to a pre-existing condition - ironically this happened on the same day I opened a new staging warehouse for faster processing and shipping of shipments. Needless to say this has been total shock to everyone that knew her. I have been working on settling her affairs and taking over what she took care of around the house including our rescued cats. I am already working out arrangements to keep the company moving forward and getting a lot of support from her friends of around 50+ years, their family, and my brother who also helped with our dad. I will be posting more news as this situation settles down which will not take long, hopefully most all of the dust should settle by the end of the month.
* Due to the above..I will be pausing some minis restocks to help get caught up as quick as possible - exception WG and Perry. There is a big Victrix shipment due and some other lines already in the process of arriving shortly. Figure this should not last more then about a month or two.
* Note, I am also working on catching up the help desk which should be done by around the end of this week. If there is anything critical you need shipped or need to reach me about please use the direct email address shown on the contact page, or FB messaging if needed. Again thanks to all for your support and patience.
8/13/21: NWS News Update
* I will be starting to post news back on this website again so all can read the news without the need to visit a Facebook page. This is due to various customer requests. A quick thanks to those for offering feedback on this topic.
* As previously reported the NWS store has undergone a major warehouse expansion that started back in March of this year. This included a new wargame warehouse and receiving warehouse - which also doubles as reserve stock space, further space may be added very soon if needed. The minis warehouse was also overhauled to effectively hold more product with new shelving and I have made changes to a smaller warehouse as backup space. All of these upgrades have essentially doubled the operational space of NWS. The original plan was to spread out the upgrades over the year but I was able to acquire some very good pricing for the new warehouses and ended up doing all the upgrades at the same time which was a bit disruptive to operations but in the long run will save a considerable amount of store funding. The expansion were a major undertaking, and the most expensive ever done for the store system, but is already proving to be well worth the effort. Last year a lot of changes occurred with the industry and logistics which caused my original operations to get overwhelmed with arrivals and proved to be difficult to manage effectively so the additional space was absolutely critical for NWS to move forward. As of the start of this month the bulk of the expansion upgrades were completed and I am back to shipping at a faster pace. I have been working very heavy hours to catch up on a backlog of orders which I plan on being caught up on very soon. During the above I had requested on several occasions that if anyone needed their order(s) to go out ASAP to please contact me immediately after ordering and at no extra charge I was moving out those orders as fast as possible. I had also noted that "inbound restock" tags were not always being updated as product arrived and that most of the restocks were already here. I am also working on getting those tags back up to speed. Along the way I have also implemented updating ordering routines to help keep restocks coming in as quickly as possible. As I get more caught up those restocks will picking up pace very quickly.
* To those of you who have inquired about my dad who went into the hospital last September.. sadly he passed this past week on Wed early in morning from complications with pneumonia while in long term care.. a disease that had made multiple attempts on his life in the past. We were hoping to bring him home before he passed but unfortunately he was suffering from a number of ailments and required nearly 24 hour care. My dad was a USN veteran that served on a USN carrier in the late 60s and went on to working throughout his life to help support the family even though some very trying times and an on the job permanent injury. When I got him into business computers he worked for a number of years as a computer consultant before he retired. Fortunately my brother lives only a few doors away from where he lived and was able to help with a major portion of his real life situation which helped me put as much time as possible into keeping the NWS expansions moving forward. We have been in constant contact to deal with his care, affairs, and funeral arrangements. A major thanks to those of you that inquired about him. Thank you.
* If there are questions about the above news please go through my contact page. If there are any order inquiries please include your order number if you have it. Also, remember.. I take requests for adding product, updating stock, etc.. at any time.
Thanks everyone again for your patience and support. Take care everyone.. and remember, I am a wargamer helping fellow wargamers. More news will be posted very soon. :-)